Wednesday, September 14, 2005

SSDD

As most already know, DMH's picture pages have been recycled and the same propaganda has been spewed forth into our mailboxes the past few days.

The same line of bull, but now they "explain" the hospitalists to us. I fail to see how doctors that do NOT know me or my family can "seamlessly" pick up the case and do any better of a job than my OWN doctor!! I'm not sure about Drs. Yu and Satyadev, but the other two "specially trained hospitalists" are NOT hospitalists at all!

Dr. Neviackas is a NEPHROLOGIST, and NOT a hospitalist! Many Staley employees and retirees may remember him from when he was the company doctor! This guy hasn't taken care of a NON-NEPHROLOGY case in years, and yet people are going to put their trust in him?!?! He did NOT graduate from a hospitalist residency, and he's reportedly got the worst bedside manner of any doctor in town!...and he's supposed to be the example for DMH?

Dr. Holder is a cancer doctor who recently took up addiction medicine. Although he has seen more "regular" patients than Dr. Neviackas, he still is not a physician trained to be any better than MY OWN DOCTOR!

If I were a DMH-employed family practice doctor in Decatur, I WOULD BE OFFENDED THAT DMH THINKS THESE GUYS ARE BETTER THAN ME AT TAKING CARE OF MY OWN PATIENTS!!!!

If I were a patient of a DMH-employed family doctor I WOULD BE OFFENDED THAT DMH IS FORCING ME TO SEE STRANGERS (NOT COVERING DOCS, BUT PEOPLE MY DOCTOR DOES NOT REALLY KNOW!!) TO TAKE CARE OF ME OR MY FAMILY IF WE WOULD HAPPEN TO GET HOSPITALIZED!!

And now, if any of my kids went to these DMH-owned family doctors, THEN MY KIDS WOULD BE FORCED TO SEE RESIDENTS, DOCTORS THAT HAVEN'T EVEN COMPLETED THEIR TRAINING YET!! If I were a patient of doctors at the residency, that would be different; I would know ahead of time what was coming. BUT IF I SELECT MY FAMILY PHYSICIAN, I EXPECT MY DOCTOR TO BE THERE WHEN I NEED HIM, ESPECIALLY WITH MY KIDS!!

Ken Smithmier having "crazy" ideas is NOT new. Calling everything an "institute" does not convince ANYONE that Decatur is the Mecca for medicine, believe me. And the "progressive, ground-breaking" alternative medicine clinic with Dr. Sharon Collins is really going gangbusters, isn't it? Yeah, we need another crazy idea in Decatur like we need another Walgreens!

But all this doesn't matter to Mr. Smithmier. He only cares about money and power. "The best way to control the doctors is to OWN them."--sound familiar? Look at his million dollar home, and his pathetic advertising campaigns that he tries to run to get people to buy in to his fantasy.

Your time is short, DMH administration. When you're carted off to jail, REAL MEDICINE will still be around Decatur. But it will probably be mostly on the other side of town.

0 Comments:

<< Home